Saturday, January 30, 2010

Unofficial News

I know that you're not supposed to weigh in every day -- your body does weird things sometimes and you're supposed to look at the overall trend, not every single day, etc. -- BUT I am a daily weigher and sometimes I just can't help myself. Today was one of those days.

First of all, yesterday, I was having a bit of an internal struggle due to the ice storm. I had a bit of cabin fever, but I controlled my eating all day. I was sad/freaking out/annoyed I could not go to the gym so I was trying to think of creative things I could do to get exercise in here. I almost went for a walk at 10 AM, but I walked out onto my porch, saw it was sleeting, felt some pummel my face, and said "Yeah, there is no way that is going to happen!" However, later in the day it was snowing and that is actually pleasant to walk in. The resistance the snow can provide is good exercise too! I bundled myself up and went for a half hour walk to some bumpin music* and it was great. I love listening to fast music because it makes me walk more quickly. Although I did work out, I was nowhere near the recommended 3150 calories the Bodybugg says someone my weight should burn if they want to lose weight. (Of course this is only half the equation, but I do not track my calories -- only my WW points -- and there is no simple conversion between the two so I am not sure exactly how my substantial my calorie deficit/overage ever is). Punchline of this paragraph: yesterday was hard, I ate pretty well but did not exercise anywhere near as much as I usually do. I was not sure how the scale would react. Also, I had a decent amount of soup and fajitas -- all of which are salty, so that compounded my scale uncertainty.

Imagine my surprise (DELIGHT!) when this morning the scale read 249.4. That is 50 lbs that I have lost since I started this journey on April 21. I was so so stoked! Some caveats: this is only the first day I have weighed this. Tomorrow due to natural variation, I could be above this -- who knows. Also, I don't consider anything my official weight until I reach it at WW. This often takes awhile because it is midday (when I am better hydrated and more clothed than I am when I weigh at home) -- but I don't care! IT IS COMING!!! And I will celebrate this now. I am all about celebrating these victories!!!! AND THIS ONE IS HUGE FOR ME!!!!

*Subway and the Biggest Loser have teamed up to make some good, bumpin music available for free. As far as I know, there are no gimmicks -- I downloaded this music Wednesday and haven't gotten any spam from them because I opted out of the e-mails.

3 comments:

  1. Great work on the loss Sarah! I hate it that you guys got the ice with this storm. We really got lucky this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was nowhere near as bad as last year, as you can I'm sure attest. Bearly anyone lost power. It is supposed to melt a little today (highs around 36), but tonight we're back below freezing so tomorrow morning will probably be a mess. Not sure what will happen with school. Being from the north (Ohio), it is not really much to deal with if a little salt were to be laid down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 50!

    Bil
    www.A-Loser-Dad.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics