Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This is my life

I only go around once. I had better make it good. There are better, more constructive ways to deal with feeling:

overwhelmed
sad
angry
frustrated
bored
excited
physically in pain
proud
happy
busy
confused
tired
used
misunderstood
alone

than eating. I need to figure these out. I only have one chance at this life, and it is likely to be shorter if I'm not making healthy choices. I have seriously miswired my brain and used food for reasons beyond its intended use, which is simply to provide the fuel I need to live. Now I need to figure out healthy, alternative ways to dealing with the emotions listed above.

2 comments:

  1. So I was thinking about this today and thought maybe I should share my story with you after reading this.

    It's snowing really bad here so at lunch I quickly went to get food and brought it back. I never really thought about it but I always feel a little nervous when people see me eat. I feel like I eat way more than people expect me to and I never eat a healthy salad or something good for me.

    I could tell I was feeling literally nervous, anxious and eating quickly just to get it done and hide the evidence. Someone smells my fries and makes a comment and it really kind of hurt my feelings. Made me so embarassed! Now I know this is ridiculous, I am allowed to eat and should NOT be ashamed but I really cannot help feeling that way. I know I have some food issues from my past but I didn't realize the effect they had on me today. Like you said "I only have one chance at this life" and I want to say the hell with what other people think! .. I've got a long way to get there haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think I do too... why do we care so much what others think, especially the ones I think are idiots?!?

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics