Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend

I'm trying to think of what's new here. Friday I was sick and tried to stay home, do a bit of work and recuperate for the most part. I did work out in the morning, but that was really the extent of my activities there.

Yesterday I worked out in the morning and was able to do more than 60 minutes on the eliptical machine. I would have stopped after 65 (the hour workout, plus the 5 minute cooldown), but there was a Soup special about reality TV love and there were 10 minutes left and I just had to finish it. It's probably not great that TV was my inspiration, but hey, I'll take it.

I'm feeling so much better today. Nice to be finally almost over this cold. This weekend two friends from out of town came. They are Muslim and it is Ramadan, so they are fasting during the daytime hours. To make sure they have enough energy, they eat early in the morning before sunrise, and then are allowed to eat after sunset again. Yesterday evening, I took them to Geraldi's and we walked around campus. They loved it, and we all had a great time. This morning I got up and made pancakes. I made the batter last night, and also made a really tasty strawberry topping (strawberries, sugar, and enough corn starch to make it thicken) so that it would be easy to make at 4 AM before sunrise. It actually was really nice to be able to share that experience with them, though I don't plan on making such early morning breakfasts a habit! We went right back to sleep after eating and then got to spend this morning working on research (oh, the weekends of nerds, God love us). It was so nice to see them. We all agreed we should see each other more often. Such great friends.

My posts right now are boring. I kind of feel like I'm just muddling through these days (food/exercise wise), with the cold sapping a lot of my energy. I also made the intentional decision to take a week off of WW, but I think I need to get back on. The truth is, I just don't do moderation well on my own. We will see what the scale says this week, but next week I should get back on the plan. I will need to figure out a longer-term strategy for how I will deal with not wanting to count everything for the rest of my life, allowing myself occasional indulgences, and how to keep everything in check. Like I have said, I want health to be a lifestyle -- working out, eating healthy (healthily), and not stressing out about every food/exercise related decision. I am so not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics