Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Clothes

One of the things I am liking about losing weight is seeing how much better everything fits.

A couple of stories.
#1 - When my friend Amy got married this year, I was looking for clothes I could wear there. As you can imagine, nothing really fit or looked good. Let's face it, it's tough to look good in most plus sized clothes. I hated to try on the clothes, because I hated to look at myself. In preparation for Amy's wedding, I bought a skirt that I thought would look nice. It was a size 24 and when I got home and finally tried to wear it, I was MORTIFIED to learn that it was actually way too small. There was no way this would fit. I was devastated. I am now pleased to report that, not only does this skirt fit it is now too big on me. I admit, I wear it anyway but in another 20 or 25 lbs. I won't be able to anymore or it will fall off. Victory!

#2 - At the beginning of the summer, I bought a pair of jeans in Branson that I thought were totally cute. They were only $6 so I figured "I'll get these a couple sizes down and see if I can wear them in the fall." I bought a size 22, and was at the time wearing a 26. I wore these jeans today and they are kind of huge on me! What?! In fact, I thought someone was going to pants me today at work -- could you imagine the humiliation that would have caused?! I thought about buying a pair of size 20 in the same style and now complete regret not doing it. Seriously -- check out mwah jeans if you're a fashion conscious plus sized female. Apparently they are sold in higher-end stores and the MSRP is quite high (much higher than $6).

#3 - Along the lines of story 2, I bought a Columbia jacket men's size XL for around $20 at an outlet mall in Texas last year. It was a good deal, no doubt, but the problem is that the jacket was ill fitting -- much more ill-fitting than I would admit. Also, since it was a rain jacket, you really can't wear those open; you kind of need them to zip up to fulfill their intended design. Now this thing fits like a charm. So nice and the $20 was really a deal now, not just a deal on paper that never materializes because you can't get the thing to fit.

One of my goals is to be able to go to any store and be able to shop. I am sick of being in the plus size sections of places. I WILL reach this goal and -- with discipline -- will be able to maintain it this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics