Friday, September 4, 2009

The grind

So far, both of my posts have been high-level, big thoughts type of posts rather than the operational, down in the weeds details. I want to post both types of things because, really, this blog is as much for me so that I can document and work through my own thoughts and feelings as it is for anyone who reads it -- which, as far as I know, is no one because I haven't advertised it to many people.

This morning I worked out before work. I love doing that because already by 9 AM I have accomplished something and I feel like it sets me up to have a good day. Plus I feel strong after a workout and I enjoy that. Tonight I am hoping to do some water aerobics, but I might go for a walk instead. It really depends how the weather holds out. I am not sure about that one.

Today, I am not sure what I will do about food. I am really not one of these planners who has a "food plan" for the day. Maybe I will become one in time, but I doubt it. Usually, I go to lunch with folks I work with, and I feel the social benefit from that far outweighs the benefit of having a carefully crafted lunch menu prepared that would then be shot if I went to a restaurant with them. (BTW this is not to say they are not accommodating and supportive -- they totally are, but I just want to be "one of the guys", not the killjoy who needs to needs to go only to certain restaurants and constantly needs to be accommodated if that makes sense). We will see what happens. Whatever it is, I will track it for WW though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics