Saturday, April 17, 2010

Relative progress

You know, it is funny. Each time I post a set of these progress pictures, I am like "Dang, I am looking really good now!" Then when I post the next set of progress pictures and look through the old ones, I am like "Man I was looking pretty big there!" (For the record - Feb. '10, Jan. '10, Nov. '09)

The reality is that I still have 60-80 lbs to lose. However, seeing all of these changes to my body is really gratifying and the truth is I really do look better than I have in a long time. But I am sure when I post the next step I will think I looked big now. And the reason is because I am big now. I am still obese.

I guess what I am saying is, the way you feel about where you are really depends on where you are coming from. Coming from 300 lbs, I feel pretty darned good here in the low 240s. I know that weight would mortify a lot of people, but I am really enjoying it now although I am sure when I am in the 220s I will think I looked big in the 240s :)

It really is all relative. I'm going to keep going and, hopefully, be truly feeling great and looking great -- not only in the relative sense but in the objective one as well.

And, most importantly, I want to be healthy and able to take most any female DOWN in the gym. Not that I'm competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics