Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break

Spring break here was several weeks ago. My brother David came from Ohio, and we rented a cabin in Ponca, right on the Buffalo River. This country is truly truly beautiful. If you ever get a chance to visit this area of the country, you should.

Our days were filled with hiking. We had a great time. Here are some of my favorite pictures.

Ironically it snowed. During spring break. In Arkansas. REALLY?!? (Really. Photographic evidence here.)

We did not let this deter us. We hiked up to Eden Falls in the snow and the rain. I even hiked across the river to get this picture. Was I cold and wet for hours afterwards? Yes. Would I do it again? Probably not. But it was memorable and something I will always remember doing with my brother (with pleasure).


The next day we walked to Triple Falls. All of the melting snow had really helped the waterfalls to really get moving. Beautiful and a super easy walk. Treacherous driving, though, down steep, muddy roads in a minivan.


Here is David at the end of a trail that I don't remember the name of. It was seriously down a dirt road to nowhere. FOREAL! Deliverance, Arkansas at its finest.


Me beneath Haley Falls.

Hawksbill Crag/Whitaker Point. One of the most photographed spots in Arkansas. It was even on the cover of the atlas a few years ago!

On this vacation, David and I were talking about how he came to Arkansas last year for spring break. Would you believe that I was so deeply entrenched in the haze of depression that I did not remember this at. all?!? I could not believe it. Wow, I am in so much of a better place this year than last. David and I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics