Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back in the Saddle?

Last week was the first week of school. I of course had mixed feelings about this. While I was really excited to see the students back again, I was not sure if I was mentally prepared to deal with everything. Since there for awhile even going to stuff at the local performing arts center -- something I used to love and probably one of my favorite things to do -- took a monumental effort, I was just not sure I could deal with all the busy-ness and stress that comes along with school.

For some reason -- despite all this -- I felt up to kicking this healthy living up a notch. As I mentioned in my last post, I decided that I would give tracking a shot. I totally did. I was over my points by about 30 (after using up 35 weeklies and the 37 exercise points I earned). I was fine with this. While I didn't aim to overshoot my points, I decided that just getting in the practice of tracking again would be a step in the right direction. And, it was.

I am pleased to report that I lost 3.8 lbs this week. I haven't lost weight that significant (except for the week I rejoined WW) since early June. I lost "only" 10 lbs this summer. And you know what? I feel fantastic about it.

This week I was talking to my mom and I told her I thought it would take several years (probably 3 or 4) to make my goal weight. And I was totally serious. And I am really truly fine with it (at least that is how I feel this week). I am seriously evaluating every step that I make. I am doing things at a pace where I feel comfortable and that doesn't freak me out. I am making changes I think I can sustain. And I actually believe that is way more important to me than making it "there" without doing the mental work it will take to stay "there." I am feeling way more in control of my life and eating than I have in awhile. Being in control is what will allow me to achieve my health and personal goals.

2 comments:

  1. I have taken years so far and plan to probably take a couple more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it took me FARFAR longer than friend with whom I started...but youll have that :) and it has stayed off IMO because I was so damn slow :)


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics