Saturday, July 23, 2011

RIP Amy Winehouse

By the way, I read a little bit ago that Amy Winehouse was found dead at her apartment; she was four years younger than me. As of yet, I don't think the cause of her death has been confirmed but I'm sure we all have our suspicions. I'll just say, addiction is hard.

Talent cannot overcome it.
Peer pressure cannot overcome it.
Trips to rehab cannot by themselves overcome it.
Everyone else wanting you to get better cannot overcome it.
Shame cannot overcome it.
Defiance cannot overcome it.

I'm sad for her, and for her family. I'm sad that she's probably best known for a song where she poked fun at her illness and rehab. Today the world lost a very sick, very very talented woman -- most likely to complications of her addiction. And that is just very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics