Friday, April 8, 2011

Picture and the Big Picture


I've been on this journey approaching 2 years now. Sometimes I forget the big picture. I know I'm worlds healthier than when I started. I know that I am both smaller and more in shape...but sometimes I forget how far I've come.

When I think about it hard, I remember some things -- that I used to get winded walking up the hill in front of the building where I work, that I could barely fit in airplane seats and seats at the old movie theatre, that I'd be out of breath walking up a flight of stairs -- but honestly, I think I've blocked a lot of it out. I also think that part of this is due to the HEAVY denial that I was in for such a long time. Even when I weighed 300 lbs, I think that I thought I looked good and was not that fat. I was lying to myself only.

Anyway, I forget how far I've come sometimes. Then someone sends me a picture like this...one that I don't even think I realized anyone was taking...

...and I remember. Wow, I don't want to go back.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    I'm not sure what you weighed back in college, but I HONESTLY do not remember you looking anything like this picture! You were and are still such a fun and bright person that when I look back all I see is us making shakes in your apartment, attempting work out videos and failing, facial masks and lots of DList/celeb gossip and staying up so late I ended up sleeping over at your place. You truely have come a long way on your weight loss journey but I think you've always been a beautiful person.

    Congratulations on your success so far!

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics