Friday, February 11, 2011

Brilliant Quote and Realization

I am not sure how exactly it fits into this healthiness journey, but I know it does. I heard it today in an interview with Elle, who is a healthiness blogger too as she talked about life as a single lady. The quote is:
I choose not to be defined by what I don't have.
That's deep, right?!

Maybe this is the way it relates to getting healthy. I'm not to goal yet. I am not able to make wise decisions in 100% of situations yet. I'm not perfect. But yet, I shouldn't choose to be defined by that. I make good decisions much of the time. I have lost about 70 lbs. I am WORLDS healthier than I was when I started. I won't choose to be defined by what I'm not, I will choose to be defined by what I am and who I am becoming. Thanks for the realization Elle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics